Arrowhead plant, also known as Syngonium Podophyllum, belongs to the Araceae or Aroid family. They are tropical plants native to the rain forests of South and Central America and have been neutralized in Florida, Texas, the West Indies, among other areas. Their name is derived from the shape of their leaves, which resemble an arrow or spade. Just as most Aroids, the structure of the plant changes over time.
While still young, the stems of Syngonium are usually upright and clustered, but as they grow into maturity, they form vines and begin to have climb or hang. The foliage continually changes as it develops. It could pop up some attractive green color sometimes, and other times it gives white, pink, and different shades of lime. Syngonium Arrowhead plants kokedamas make excellent gifts for both casual and corporate occasions. Syngonium are highly valued due to the lush, bushy outlook and are great decor plants for homes and office environments.
- Other names: Common names are Five fingers, White Butterfly, American Evergreen, Arrowhead vine, Goosefoot, African Evergreen and nephthytis triphylla.
- Planting environment: Syngoniums are typically grown as houseplants and kept indoors for décor or hung in an indoor environment.
- Sunlight: Grows best in bright indirect light. Keep protected from intense or direct sunlight, which can cause the leaves to burn.
- Watering/Soaking: Allow the arrowhead plant to dry out a little between watering/soaking to avoid root rot. The soil must be kept moist always. Soak the moss ball 3/4th in a bowl of water for 5 minutes once a week or whenever you feel it is dry and light in weight.
- Misting: Syngonium enjoy moisture. Spritz as often as you can to keep the plants looking fresh and healthy.
- Fertilization/Nourishment/Care: The plants thrive well on monthly fertilization.
- Temperature: They love temperature that is around 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Humidity: Syngonium plant prefers high humid areas. You can place the arrowhead plant moss ball on a tray containing pebbles and water to provide more humidity.
Pruning: To make the plant bushier, it helps to prune or cut off climbing stems in the summer.
Basudev Acharya –
Nice product. Fast delivery. Healthy plants with excellent packaging.